Academic PBIS (Performance Based Instruction System)
The Academic information in IQ provides integrated information on courses, students, and faculty to allow deans and administrators quickly and efficiently to assess trends in enrollment, teaching activities, and faculty utilization that will directly impact the instructional planning and budgeting process. All available data is snapshot data, usually the 12th Day (Census date) snapshot; however, some deliverables are end of semester or fall-to-fall snapshots (see the Current Status of IQ/PBIS Cubes and Reports link below for more information). The IQ/PBIS Academic information is presented in a way to answer questions such as the following:
- What is the trend for enrollment for a given course by student level?
- How can we better predict the needs for class seats and sections?
- What is the overall productivity of our faculty in teaching, research, and administrative activities?
A variety of standard reports are also available for authorized users.
- Data Steward Office: Office of Institutional Reporting, Research and Information Systems
- Contact: IRRIS
- Access Policy: Access provided at the Dean's discretion. Contact your IQ/PBIS Dean's Office Contact to request access and training.
- Current Status of IQ/PBIS Cubes and Reports
Campus Planning Facilities Management (CPFM) utilizes Cognos Reports primarily for operational purposes such as exception reporting, inventory control, and work order management. In addition, various metrics-based tools are found in the Project Management Scorecard folder; this suite of reports includes summary, scorecard, and detailed information on Project Manager Performance. Cubes are currently being developed for measurement and analysis of Key Performance Indicators including average response time, building maintenance costs per square foot, overhead costs by crew, etc.
- Data Steward Office: Campus Planning & Facilities Management (CPFM)
- Contact: Liz Beaman Keene
- Access Policy: Provided on as-requested basis to non-CPFM and non-DHFS users
The Financial Information site provides university leaders with various tools to quickly analyze financial statuses and activity. Interactive reports, or cubes allow leaders easily to answer questions like these:
- How have my revenues and expenses changed over the years or months?
- What are my available balances and what factors are primarily affecting them?
- Based on trends for telecommunication expenses, what should I expect them to be next year?
In addition to Cubes, several transactional reports are available to allow leaders to look more deeply into the reasons for the trends or statuses they see. These reports help answer such questions as the following:
- Why are the entertainment expenses in one of my departments higher than normal?
- Who has received reimbursement for travel in the last month?
- Why are my expenses so high this month?
- Data Steward Office: Accounting and Financial Management
- Contact: Accounting and Financial Management
- Access Policy: Restricted to Business Officers and Delegates; to request access, contact your representative: Authorized Contact List.
To facilitate planning, IQ has Budget information for future, current and prior years available. The IQ budget cubes and reports help answer questions like the following:
- How much is budgeted next fiscal year for faculty salaries vs. A&P or classified salaries?
- How have we allocated our gift money next year?
The information can be organized by organizational unit, fiscal year, appropriation code, fund group, sub-account, expense category, appropriation category, and budget categories.
A variety of standard reports are also available for authorized users. These reports generally allow comparison of budgeted amounts (and FTEs where appropriate) for two fiscal years.
- Data Steward Office: Budget Office
- Contact: Budget Office
- Access Policy: Restricted to Business Officers and Delegates; to request access, contact your representative Authorized Contact List.
IQ reports are available for Historically Underutilized Business (state) expenditures. These reports help answer questions like the following:
- Am I receiving appropriate HUB credit for purchases made with my Procurement Card?
- Are purchases made with vendor 'ABC' HUB Qualified?
- How do our HUB expenditures this year compare to last year for the same time period?
The HUB information can be organized by Active Employee Payments, State Object Code, Unit Sub Code Profile, Unit Sub Code Profile, Vendor, Purchasing Card, Subcontracting, Unit Sub Code (Accounts), UT Object Code, and other. There are a variety of reports available.
- Data Steward Office: HUB Office
- Contact: Tiffany Dockery
- Access Policy: Restricted to HUB Offices.
To assist with staffing decisions, IQ has both *Define Appointments information and HRMS positions and assignments information. This information is available for analysis and data mining in cubes and standard reports.
The Appointments Cube and Appointments by Unit Report can assist departments in answering questions such as these:
- How much are my personnel costs by category as compared with prior years?
- What are FTE counts college-wide among job categories and departments?
The HRMS Workforce Cube and Assignments Report can assist departments in answering questions such as these:
- What is my department's Headcount for active positions by all assignment statuses?
- How many vacant positions does my department have?